Mumbai: In separate incidents inside 24 hours, two teenage boys, died of electrocution whereas taking part in cricket.
The primary case was reported on Monday from Malwani at 10 am, the place a 12-year-old boy, Hamza Shaikh, a resident of Escotor Colony was taking part in cricket along with his buddies within the open area, outdoors a shanty. Based on the police, Hamza went to fetch the ball, which fell close to a water pump, put in by one of many residents.
To select up the cricket ball, which was behind the pump, Hamza unintentionally touched the machine field and acquired electrocuted.
As he fell down, his buddies hastened to save lots of him. One of many boys tried to detach Hamza from the machine, however he too, felt the shock. The boy was ultimately indifferent from the pump and hastened to a close-by hospital, the place he was declared useless.
Shekhar Bhalerao, a senior police inspector from the Malwani police station, mentioned that they’ve registered a case of loss of life as a consequence of negligence towards the proprietor of the water machine.
Within the second incident, a 17-year-old boy from Vashi was electrocuted on Sunday night, whereas attempting to select a cricket ball, caught within the tin sheet above the residential society watchman’s cabin. The boy, recognized as Siddhant Amit Awasthi, was a resident of Sarla Manohar Cooperative Housing Society. “He was taking part in cricket within the space when the ball acquired caught above the tin shade of the safety cabin. Whereas attempting to select up the ball, he unintentionally touched an electrical pole, and was electrocuted,” a police officer from Vashi police station mentioned.
-With inputs from Raina Assainar